TIPS: click "TRANSLATE THIS BLOG" at the right panel to read this blog easily in your mother tongue!

Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

My Unforgettable English Moment

I was walking down the supermarket row that day with my mom looking for something. Then a middle age foreign lady came to me asked me for something she didn't know where it was. I was in elementary school that time and hadn't have a good experience in using English for speaking but I was quiet confident that day to spoke with the lady.


When I was looking for my needs too she walked passing the row where I was and talked to me. I still remember she spoke to me in English and fortunately I understood what she meant. She was looking for something but she didn't know which row did the stuff was. But I already forgot what was she looking for because it happened long time ago and I can't remember anymore.


She came to me with a little smile spread on her face, "Hello, can you tell me where the .... was?"
Then I said, "You can go there and then turn .... go to the .... row so you can find it."
She nodded and smile to me means she understood and say thank you to me.


After she gone, I came to my mom and said that I was meeting a foreign lady asking for something and I could show her the way and she understood.
I was very happy at that time and proud to myself because though in my very young age without any experience to talked with any foreigner, I could done that successfully.
That was one of my very impressive "English moment" in my life as a kid. I could never forget that.


[words by Gizela]

No comments:

Post a Comment

TIPS: click "TRANSLATE THIS BLOG" at the top right panel to read this blog easily in your mother tongue!